Manitoba Hydro’s program offers qualifying lower income homeowners FREE insulation upgrades and a new high-efficiency natural gas furnace for only $19/month over 5 years ($1,140 in total). Adding insulation to your home can lower your energy bill by an average of $250/ year. Program participants also receive an average of $4,000 of free insulation upgrades! Replacing a standard efficiency natural gas furnace can also lower your energy bills by up to $270 per year. The money saved on your energy bill will offset the small monthly financing charge. Attached is an information sheet about the program.
For those whose household income is above the threshold (125% of the Federal Government’s Low Income Cut-Off), there are a variety of Power Smart Programs available to help, for example:
- Power Smart Residential Loan Program: offers convenient on-bill financing at a fixed interest rate of 3.9% for improvements that will help make your home more energy efficient.
- Water & Energy Saver Program: save up to $27 per year on your water and energy bills with a FREE Water & Energy Saver kit.
- Refrigerator Retirement Program: retire your old fridge – it will be picked up for free and you will receive $40.
- Home Insulation Program: upgrade the insulation in your existing home to Power Smart levels and qualify for rebates.
- Federal ecoENERGY Program Evaluations: If you make energy efficiency improvements to your home between June 6, 2011 and March 31, 2012, you may qualify for up to $5,000 in grants from the federal government. Book your evaluation today.
The link to Hydro’s application form and instructions on how to participate is at: http://www.hydro.mb.ca/your_home/lieep/how_to_take_part.shtmlShare on Facebook